These cinnamon/ginger bread buns I made on New Year’s Day (at night, when the year did change).
resepti/recipe (in finnish):
I haven’t had time to finish this new year post earlier but now I finally had just enough time to complete this so here it comes…
Year 2020 was so horrible that I ever want to live year like that again. It was definitely the most horrible year ever. Let’s look at everything the year contained:
- First in the beginning of the year the covid -19 surprised everyone. I remember we read with my husband about a virus rife in China and we wondered if it could spread here as well. At first we were hopefull (atleast I was) but very soon it came clear that we would not escape this virus thanks for tourism.
- As the incidence of infection increased, my spouce and I panicked and began to lose our mental health
- I decided to take a summer vacation from work as early as April-May
- Some time after my vacation I decided not to take (any new tasks so far) from my other job (where I am as a task worker), mainly because I got some health issues, like strange stomach upsets (irritable bowel syndrome suspicion) and back problems (old ones but it got worse sometimes). It also appeared that continued use of the mask caused severe respiratory symptoms. (I got an asthma suspicion later on summer -finally went to doctor when the pandemic calmed down for a while-).
- However, I continued my second part-time job normally (just a few hours…and that ”customer” (=person to be assisted) -who’s also our family friend- is living near by us. She just moved (quite close), earlier she lived within walking distance. It was really easy and peaceful commute route which was so big relief.
- In may my spouce’s mother suddenly passed away.
- We did faight with my hubby more, mainly related to covid-19 (such as how to behave, how to act), the stress and fear was way too much for us.
- My mother fell in the spring at her home and underwent hip surgery which, however, went well but after that long hospital episode, she could no longer return to home because she would not have gotten there with worsening Alzheimer’s. Therefore, she was applied for a place of care, which was found in the fall. She’s ok but I miss her cause I have not been able to meet her.
- My spouce’s father was hospitalized for a while in late spring. At the moment he’s ok and home again but that caused also worry and stress for us.
- Our car’s gas pump broke down and we could not order a new one from abroad apparently due to a pandemic (the pump is not available for automatic cars in Finland). This is the worst possible time for the car to break down.
- There have been also problems related to the inheritance process and a wide variety of surprises as well as all kinds of headaches.
As you can see a lot has happened. Lots of sad and gloomy things…
Then something more positive. I want to share with you my best posts of 2020. Here are my ten most liked posts of 2020:
Here are my personal favorite posts which did not fit in the previous list:
I can only wish the year 2021 would be better than the previous one…for all of us…and…
…I hope the vaccines will finally help defeat this pandemic and we all could return to a normal life!!
…I WISH EVERYONE OF YOU A REALLY HAPPY NEW YEAR 2021!!!